By K.Satchidananda Murty
Read Online or Download Current Trends in Indian Philosophy PDF
Similar eastern books
Lama Yeshe on Buddhism: "Buddhism is not only approximately one or small issues; it isn't a few tiny philosophy. Lord Buddha defined the character of each unmarried phenomenon within the universe. " On brain: "At convinced instances, a silent brain is essential, yet 'silent' doesn't suggest closed. The silent brain is an alert, woke up brain; a brain looking the character of truth.
Inside we all lies a resource of limitless bliss and compassion for others. The designated tools defined inside Tantric Buddhism let us to find this bliss for ourselves. The modern Tantric grasp, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, explains step by step how we will be able to generate a deeply peaceable and targeted brain via harnessing the delicate strength approach inside our personal physique.
First English Translation of a massive Tibetan Buddhist paintings, on education complex pupil.
- The Eastern Mediterranean as a Laboratory Basin for the Assessment of Contrasting Ecosystems
- Ways of Thinking of Eastern Peoples: India, China, Tibet, Japan (Revised) (National Foreign Language Center Technical Reports)
- Eye of the Storm: Bairotsana's Original Transmissions
- Der Buddhismus in Sud- und Sudostasien: Geschichte und Gegenwart
- Origin and Mechanisms of Hallucinations: Proceedings of the 14th Annual Meeting of the Eastern Psychiatric Research Association held in New York City, November 14–15, 1969
Extra info for Current Trends in Indian Philosophy
Love in this context is not a purely emotive experience but has embedded in it a cognitive element which can be characterised as 'insight'. The desire to share our value-experience is basically of the same genre as the desire to share our cognitive experience. Both spring from the conviction that we are right and from a sort of felt obligation to help others out of their error. , p. 211. 12 CURRENT TRENDS IN INDIAN PHILOSOPHY would be morally wrong—except in totalitarian ethics. A. Campbell, on the other hand, maintains that there is an absolutely vital distinction between our value-reaction to the value of moral virtue and our value-reaction to any other value whatsoever.
IX, (Ed. Gans), p. 229,441. 7 It is generally acknowledged that Russia belongs to the noh-Western world as the forces that moulded it and the traditions it inherited were not those which shaped the West. •Communism itself is a Western ideology which owes its development to Western thinkers. Nothing in Russian civilization could by itself have originated it. 9 In postwar years Soviet; economy expanded at something like 1J times the rate of American economy. H. L. Roberts, Russia and America : Dangers and Prospects, New York, 1956.
4) The genius of India is to achieve a synthesis of cultures, civilizations and philosophies ; in Indian history such syntheses were achieved in the past. (5) The culture and philosophy of India are predominantly spiritual, while those of the West are materialistic. The present task is to achieve a synthesis of these two. (6) The political vicissitudes of India were due to ignoring the positivistic and activistic component of Indian thought, such as that contained in the Gita. f Exponents of the Vedanta in Indian Universities in the twentieth century have hardly done anything more than to work out these ideas and suggestions.